The History of Engagement Rings.
Engagement rings are a symbol of love and commitment. They are often given to represent a couple’s engagement and are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. The ring is usually made of gold, silver, or platinum and may have diamonds or other precious stones set in it.
How to Pick the Perfect Engagement Ring.
When you’re ready to take the next step in your relationship and pop the big question, it’s time to start shopping for an engagement ring. But with so many styles and options available, how do you know which one is right for your soon-to-be fiancée? Here are a few tips to help you pick the perfect custom made engagement rings Sydney:
- Consider your budget. How much can you realistically afford to spend on an engagement ring? It’s important to be honest with yourself here – there’s no shame in starting small and working your way up as your finances allow. Once you have a budget in mind, you can start narrowing down your options.
- Think about what kind of style she would prefer. Is she more traditional or modern? Do her everyday style choices lean towards classic and timeless pieces or fashion-forward and trendsetting looks? Her engagement ring should reflect her personal style, so take some time to browse through her jewelry collection or save images of rings she admires online for inspiration.
- Pay attention to the little details. What is her favorite metal? Does she prefer diamonds or colored gemstones? What kind of setting does she like best?
The Different Types of Engagement Rings.
When you think of an engagement ring, the first thing that probably comes to mind is a diamond solitaire. But there are actually many different types of engagement rings to choose from, and the style you ultimately select should be a reflection of your personal taste as well as your budget. Here is a rundown of some of the most popular engagement ring styles:
1. Diamond Solitaire: As mentioned, this is the most classic and traditional engagement ring style. It typically features a single diamond set in a simple metal band. The diamond is usually round or princess cut, but other shapes are also available.
2. Halo Ring: A halo ring features a central diamond surrounded by smaller diamonds or gemstones. This type of ring can make the central diamond appear larger and can also add extra sparkle and brilliance.
3. Three-Stone Ring: As the name implies, this style features three diamonds or gemstones set in a row on the band. Three-stone rings can represent past, present, and future— making them especially meaningful for couples who have been together for awhile before getting engaged.
4 . Sidestone Ring: Sidestone rings feature accent diamonds or gemstones on either side of the center stone.
The Meaning Behind Engagement Rings.
An engagement ring is a ring worn by a person who is engaged to be married, especially in Western cultures. A ring is presented as an engagement gift by a partner to their prospective spouse when they propose marriage or directly after a marriage proposal is accepted. It represents a formal agreement to future marriage. In many cultures, engagement rings are also used as wedding rings during the wedding ceremony and are exchanged between the husband and wife during the vows. They are often worn on the left hand ring finger in western countries, but in some other cultures they may be worn on the right hand or on another finger altogether.
The giving of an engagement ring has long been practiced and has a long history. The first recorded instance of giving an engagement ring was in 1477 when Archduke Maximilian of Austria gave Mary of Burgundy a diamond ring as an engagement present. The modern practice of giving or exchanging engagement rings began in 1215 when Pope Innocent III decreed that weddings should not take place during Lent, which was considered to be a time of penitence.
How to Care for Your Engagement Ring.
When you first get engaged, it’s easy to become obsessed with your new ring. But after the initial excitement wears off, it’s important to make sure you are taking proper care of your ring so that it will last a lifetime. Here are some tips on how to care for your engagement ring:
- Remove your ring before doing any activities that could potentially damage it. This includes activities such as cooking, cleaning, gardening, or working out.
- Store your ring in a safe place when you are not wearing it. A jewelry box or pouch is ideal.
- Clean your ring regularly with a mild soap and water solution. Avoid harsh chemicals or cleaners as they can damage the stone or metal setting.
- Have your ring professionally cleaned and inspected at least once a year by a jeweler to ensure that there is no damage and that the setting is secure.