The debate about the best trek in Nepal among some popular hiking trails such as Everest Base Camp Trek, Manaslu Circuit Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, and Upper Mustang Trek is not a new thing for travelers.
All the trekking destinations have unique natural scenery, features, and mountain viewpoints. The only thing in common here is that they are all long-distance multi-day treks to the Himalayas.
Like others, the debate about the best has also touched on the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Manaslu Circuit Trek in Nepal. So, today we will point out some of the best features of both treks and let you decide which one you prefer and why.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
The main feature of the EBC Trek is that you will get a chance to witness the mighty Mt. Everest and sit in the base camp. However, it was beneficial as well.
Exploring Sherpa culture, various high-altitude monasteries, Sherpa museums, Namche Bazzar, and the Sagarmatha National Park are some of the best things to do while trekking to Everest Base Camp.
Furthermore, let’s point out the main highlights of the trek:
- 40 minutes of adventurous flight to Lukla.
- Explore Sherpa culture and traditions.
- Visit Sagarmatha National Park to witness mountain wildlife.
- Visit different Sherpa villages to know about their lifestyle.
- Tengboche Monastery is the most popular monastery in the Khumbu region.
- Trek along the Dudhkoshi Rivers, walk on the suspension bridges and stroll around the agricultural fields.
- Trek to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain, Mt. Everest.
- A short morning trek to Kala Patthar to witness the best sunrise view at the tip of the tallest mountains.
- Taste different Sherpa foods.
- Visit the Sherpa Museum in Namche.
- Explore Namche Bazaar, the trade hub of the entire Everest region.
- Witness Ngozumpa Glacier (the longest glacier) and the other Khumbu glaciers near the Everest Base Camp.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking
The Manaslu Circuit Trek is a long-distance, multi-day off-the-beaten path trek to some remote sections around the base of the Manaslu Mountain in Nepal. The trek is a walk to some remote villages in Nepal, wild forests, and mountain areas.
The main highlights of the Manaslu Circuit Trek
- A lively journey to some untouched sections of the Himalayas.
- Explore the Himalayas and get insights into the Himalayan people and their lifestyle.
- Rivers and waterfalls like Shivdhara and others.
- See the glory of Mt. Manaslu, the 8th highest mountain in the world.
- Cross the Larkya Pass, a high mountain pass in Nepal.
- Enter the Manaslu Conservation Area and explore the vibrant ecosystem.
In the end,
Both the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Manaslu Circuit Trek are some of the best treks in Nepal and are good on their terms. It’s the traveler’s need or the choice to choose any of them. If you are planning to trek along any of the two best trails, then contact Heaven Himalaya, a leading trekking company in Nepal.
Last, tell us in the comments which one you like the most and why.