Australia has a progressive and enormous medical industry. As of 2021, the registered nurses in Australia are 262,742. The nurses must comply with the Australian safety and health guidelines by wearing scrubs to provide safety to staff and patients. So, you can buy medical scrubs in Australia from online stores. But are they beneficial? And what factors must be considered before choosing them? With this article, it is possible to understand more about scrubs.
What are the benefits of wearing scrubs?
Scrubs are essential for all nurses, and wearing them to a hospital brings many benefits. So, you can continue reading this article and learn about them.
- They reduce cross-contamination: Medical scrubs made of thick materials don’t allow the body to come in contact with fluids. For instance, your scrub has a lot of stains, including blood. Therefore, your job is to check if the blood or fluids don’t touch your skin. Working in the medical field can expose you to viruses and infections; that’s why scrubs are essential. After all, it puts your colleagues at risk, including your community.
- They are durable, reusable and affordable: Medical scrubs are made of premium-quality fabrics, making them durable. In addition, you can wear them over a period of time. So, make sure you wash them properly. You can ensure that they can withstand any cleaning process and are incredibly cost-efficient. Scrubs are essential to a nurse and other healthcare professionals, so you must purchase them immediately.
- They are used for identification purposes: A nurse has to work swiftly and efficiently. In case of any emergencies, it is convenient to wear them. That’s not all; it helps you to be identifiable as a nurse or healthcare professional. Generally, nurses wear scrubs of the colour “light blue”, but it entirely depends on the place of work. You can assist visitors swiftly because of easy identification.
What to look for in medical scrubs?
Scrubs are worn to provide comfort and prevent infections. Some nurses prefer a basic style, whereas others focus on fine details. Since there are different scrubs in the market, it might be challenging to purchase one. Below are some factors to consider.
- Material: The higher the quality, the better the comfort. High-quality fabrics can allow you to move around with ease and provide stain resistance. You must look for scrubs with durable material that can withstand numerous washing and cleaning. Additionally, it is recommended to choose a combination of fibres that can cater to the requirements of the healthcare professional. For example, selecting a polyester and cotton fabric blend will help prevent shrinkage after laundry. You can consult tailors and get suggestions on the best blend for your scrub. Also, you can check online and gain some recommendations.
- Cost: Cost is another factor to consider. You can attain high-quality scrubs at a reasonable cost in various online stores. All you have to do is look out for those stores. In addition, you can look for online stores that provide offers on buying scrubs in bulk.
- Colour: The colour of the nursing scrubs varies from that of the doctor. For instance, the scrub of a phlebotomist is khaki, tan or white, whereas maternity scrubs are pink. It helps you to differentiate and be identified. And you can choose an appropriate colour for your workplace.
You can look for medical scrubs in Australia with chest pockets or patch pockets, long or short sleeves and the perfect fit. But make sure that you buy them according to your choice and comfort.