If you’re looking to buy a forklift for the first time or add more forklifts to your fleet, buying new or used forklifts for sale near me might be a tad confusing.
New machines will give you the latest features and innovations without the headache of dealing with an older model that may not last as long as you’d like it to. You might want to cut down on costs of a new forklift but also don’t want to pay for expensive repairs or maintenance.
Each option has its own pros and cons and will ultimately come down to your own personal preference as well as the needs of your business.
Let’s take a look at each option so you can decide which is best for you and your company.
Factors to Consider When Buying a New Forklift
When looking up new or used forklifts for sale near me, there are a few factors you’ll want to keep in mind. These include:
The cost of a new forklift will vary greatly depending on the make and model you buy as well as the features it comes with. However, buying a used one will be much cheaper.
Depending on the type of forklift you buy, you may be able to use it for a variety of different applications. You’ll want to think about what you’ll be using it for most often and make sure the forklift can handle that type of application.
As for used forklifts, the amount of use the forklift has seen will also have a big impact on the cost. You want to make sure that you buy a forklift that is as close to new as possible.
Forklifts are machines that require regular maintenance. Depending on the type of forklift you buy, this maintenance may be easy to do yourself or cost more. However, you can expect a used forklift to warrant more in repair work.
Benefits of a New Forklift
There are a few benefits to buying a new forklift, including:
- Higher Capacity – When buying a new forklift, you’ll have the ability to select the exact model and features you need. This means you’ll be able to find a forklift that can handle the heaviest items in your warehouse.
- Lower Maintenance Costs – New forklifts come with warranties that cover parts and labor. This means that if something breaks down on your forklift, the business will likely cover the cost of having it repaired.
- Higher Quality – New forklifts are often built to high standards. This means that the controls and operation of the forklift will be of a higher quality.
Benefits of a Used Forklift
There are a few benefits to buying used forklifts for sale near me, including:
- Lower Price – The main reason you would buy a used forklift is because it’s cheaper. This can help you save money in the short-term and make buying a forklift easier. –
- More Durable – Used forklifts are often built to last longer than new forklifts. This means that you’ll likely have your forklift for a lot longer than someone who bought a new forklift.
- Fewer Maintenance Costs – While you still need to keep up with the maintenance on
your forklift, it’s often easier to find somebody to fix a used forklift than a new forklift.
For most businesses, buying new equipment is the best option and choosing new forklifts can solve many typical problems associated with used forklifts. However, there are some situations where buying used is the better choice.
When you consider the options listed above, you’ll know what option will suit your needs and preferences.